Join us for on Wednesday, June 7th, at the Antioch Township Center. Doors open at 6:00 PM for fellowship, questions, and quilting help. Meeting starts at 7:00 PM.
Following the general meeting will be Rafflemania. This is an event held by the NLCQG to raise funds for our guild. The key points of Rafflemania are:
- Members bring gently used fabre related items to “raffle” off. This includes items such as yarn, crochet and knitting supplies, sewing supplies, sewing patterns, gadgets, rulers, templates, threads, bobbin holders, needles, pins and of course, those fabrics that you once loved and now categorize as hideous (as Bonnie Hunter says…if it’s still ugly, you didn’t cut it small enough). These items are placed on the bidding tables with a paper bag (the guild supplies the bag) to hold the raffle tickets.
- Members can purchase and fill out raffle tickets (also supplied by the guild) to bid on the items they wish to win. (Hint: Return address labels come in handy for this!)
- A name is drawn for each bag and the winner gets to take home the goodies!
To ensure the ongoing success of the event, the program committee has decided to establish some guidelines.
- Raffle tickets are now $1 each, 6 for $5, 15 for $10 and 35 for $20. Members will receive free tickets for every meeting they attended in the previous year, 2 tickets if they had on a name tag.
- Share only fabre related items.
- No magazines – we request that magazines continue to go to the free table every month.
- BUNDLE ITEMS TOGETHER. This is necessary to keep the items stable and to keep them from intermingling with other stacks. We want to reduce any confusion/surprises this may cause.
- If an item did not have any tickets submitted, the contributor is responsible for taking it home.
Faithful Circle Quilters Guild will be presenting their Opportunity Quilts at our June meetings. Thanks for supporting all our quilting friends.