Each year, the Northern Lake County Quilters Guild invites its members to participate in a Block of the Month (BOM) program. The theme differs from year to year. Each participant makes a block using their own fabrics. At the end of the program, usually in November, those who finish their blocks bring in their completed quilt top and we vote on our favorite. There is a small cost to participate in the programs.
After the years program is complete, we may make the instructions available on our website for all of the blocks.
- 2019-2020 Appliqué Blocks
The next block of the month will focus on appliqué, whether you work by hand or machine. The focus will be on Baltimore Album style flowers, leaves, and wreaths. Blocks will be fairly simple with minimal templates keeping in mind that you have only a month to complete and embellish as you please. Please see the newsletter for more information including how to sign up and cost.
- 2018-2019 Wonky Houses – Karen Grage
- 2017-2018 Missouri Star Quilt Company Blocks from Youtube videos – Karen Grage
- 2016-2017 Paper Pieced Blocks – Sharon Wick
- 2016 Mystery Quilt – Leslie Mueller
- 2015 Scrappy Blocks – Leslie Mueller
- 2014 Civil War Blocks – Sue Heinlein
- 2013 BOM – Calendar theme Blocks – Sue Heinlein
- 2012 BOM – Star Blocks – Sue Heinlein