Sue Pawlowski will teach a workshop titled Jack’s Chain. You can make a Quilt (60” by 68”), or a Table Runner (40” by 17”) from the pattern.
This traditional circular design incorporates nine-patches with hexagons and triangles. Using Marti Michell templates, we will learn how to accurately piece the geometric shapes from both the 60 degree and 90 degree family in the same design. Choose your favorite fabric theme and join us for this class. It will look great on your accomplished quilter resume! Learn more about Sue at her website Jacks Squares Studio: https://www.jacksquaresstudio.com/
Cost for the workshop is $20 with a minimum of 12 participants.
Required Tools and Notions:
- Pattern, purchase from Sue day of class for $9
- Neutral color of sewing thread • Mechanical pencil, mechanical chalk pencil
- Sewing Machine in good working order with quarter inch foot
- Basic sewing supplies- pins, seam ripper, scissors, paper, postit notes, zipper bags
- Rotary cutter and your favorite ruler
- Templates for Quilt: Marti Michele Hexagon Set H ($20). You will be using the 3” hexagon.
- Templates for Table Runner: Multiple Size Hexagon ($18) and 60 Degree Triangle Ruler ($14)
- If you need templates be sure to indicate you do when you sign up for the class, and Sue will order them for you. Templates can be shared.
Optional Tools and Notions:
- June Taylor Shape Cut
- Rotating cutting mat
|60″ by 68″||40″ by 17″|
|Background Fabric||5 and 1/2 yards||1/2 yard|
|Theme Fabric for 9 patches||2 yards||1/4 yard|
|Binding||1/2 yard||1/4 yard|
|Backing||3 and 3/4 yards||1/2 yard|
It’s suggested you make some “9 Patches” before class. Before you make the “9 Patches”, you need to decide if you want the fabrics in the 5 theme squares to match or not. The samples show a random placement.
- For the quilt, you will need 208 “9 Patches”. Use 1 ½” strips.
- For the table runner, you will need 16 “9 Patches”. Use 2” strips.