This past year has been filled with so many challenges; we wanted something uplifting for the 2021 Challenge Quilt. The challenge is to make a quilt using the colors of your birthstone and birth month flower. You can use any technique or combination of techniques – traditional or pictorial block, paper piecing or applique, embellishments, embroidery (hand or machine), etc.
The Challenge Quilt for 2021 has only 5 rules:
- Original Design – The design must be your own – no kits or commercial patterns. You may use a design element or inspiration from someone else. (Proper credit to the person/designer from whom you drew the design element or inspiration would be written acknowledgement submitted with your finished quilt.)
- Color Choices/Palette – You must use the colors of your birthstone and birth month flower (click here to see Birth Month Chart). A minimal amount of neutral color may be incorporated in your design. Prints may be used that include other colors but all fabric should read as one of your assigned colors.
- Flower – You must incorporate the flower somewhere in the quilt design.
- Dimensions – Since this is 2021, dimensions for the challenge quilt are 20” x 21”.
- Deadline – The quilt must be finished (including quilting and binding) by the September 1st 2021 meeting.
Quilts will be displayed and voted upon at the September 2021 meeting.
(Idea selected from a list on Silly Goose Quilts: Ideas For Quilt Challenges website)